Published: Monday, May 16, 2022
Posted on behalf of Collusion
The young people have spoken
Last Friday at Alive Corn Exchange, young people from King’s Lynn showed their interest and concern for the Earth and climate change. They played music and did live screenings – and unveiled their manifesto for a hope for a green future – truly an evening to remember. Here is their statement:
If you missed it, don’t worry! Until May 31, the public is invited to discover the MANIFESTO* exhibition, the culmination of the project’s creative work, presented FREE in the city center as part of the Norfolk & Norwich Festival.
Visit the sites on the map (attached) to find and explore:
- An interactive poster and iconic ringing red telephone sharing the manifesto statement in words, images and sound.
- Large-scale animated projections of St. Nicholas Chapel, King’s Lynn Minster, Greyfriars Tower and Customs House. (Visible after dark until 11 p.m. every night.)
- Box headers, climate flags and earth letters sharing concerns and ideas about climate change, created for the MANIFESTO* Live event held on Friday, May 13.
- A TV totem displaying animated illustrations of the entire project.
- The MANIFESTO Soundscapes*: the history and ecology of King’s Lynn in location-based sound, streamable via mobile phone as you explore the city. Use the web link or scan the QR code to access:
MANIFESTO* is an activity program for young people in King’s Lynn to explore creative responses to the climate challenge – using emerging technologies as well as traditional art-making techniques and tools. The project is produced by Collusion, the Cambridge and Lynn-based arts and technology organization that recently brought us THE INTERGALACTIC HANSEATIC LEAGUE and DRAWDOWN. This is the third project in the climate-themed GAME ON series led by Collusion for the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk, which seeks to establish King’s Lynn as a national center of excellence for cultural innovation in interactive, city-scale, projection-based environments. works of art.
MANIFESTO* is produced by Collusion, supported by Arts Council England, Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk, New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (NALEP), Norfolk & Norwich Festival, Norfolk County Council and PEACH West Norfolk.