Featured: What’s going on in the Russian invasion of Ukraine?
– Russian forces capture first major Ukrainian city, Kherson, Ukrainian officials report.
– Ultimatum given to Mariupol, city of 430,000, get to
– Ukrainian authorities say over 2,000 civilians killed in Russian attack.
– Loud explosion heard near Kiev train station
– Kremlin dissident Alexei Navalny urge the Russians to take to the streets to protest against the war. Already thousandshave already been arrested.
– 141 countries in the United Nations General Assembly vote for condemn the Russian invasion of Ukraine (35 abstentions, 5 votes against)
– A second round of peace talks between Russia and Ukraine take place later todayKremlin spokesman confirms
– Sweden reports illegal trespass in its airspace since Russian fighter planes.
– 40 mile long Russian military convoy is now around 32 kilometer(s) from Kyiv
– Global sanctions against Russia have rendered the Nordstream 2 gas pipeline unviable
– Biden promises “make Putin pay” for invasion in his State of the Union address; implements a no-fly zone for Russian aircraft about the United States
– Elon Musk’s SpaceX provides the Ukrainian army with an Internet connection via Starlink satellite network
What you need to know about conflict
– Will Putin be able to stay in power after his decision to invade Ukraine?
– What sanctions have been imposed on Russia? What are the main imports and exports to Russia from the United States?
– Is the United States protected from a nuclear strike?
– Russian invasion threatens global crop supply and could exacerbate world hunger